- Your use of Nationwide Energy Ltd the website, including any data you may provide through the Nationwide Energy Ltd when you make an enquiry on behalf of yourself as business owner.
- Your registration for any products and/or services
- Your use of any Nationwide Energy Ltd Nationwide Energy Ltd social media
- Your sending of personal data to Nationwide Energy Ltd by any other means
This Policy will also inform you of what we do with personal data, how we look after your personal data and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
- Who we are
- Your personal data
- How is your personal data collected?
- How we use your personal data
- Disclosures of your personal data
- Data security
- Your legal rights
At Nationwide Energy Ltd we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who we are
We are Business Utility Broker who work along UK business energy suppliers and are dedicated to help you to find the most competitive prices for your business utilities.
Your Personal Data
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- your name and contact details (including business & personal postal address, email address and telephone number);
- your date of birth;
- Business utilities information (including energy consumption, meter numbers, type of meter, current supplier etc)
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance your IP address and geographical location;
- your bank
- any other personal information shared with us.
Where appropriate, we will make clear why we are collecting this type of information and what it will be used for.
How and why is your information used?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the services, products or information you asked for.
- processing orders that you have submitted;
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us;
- keeping a record of your relationship with us;
- conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- checking for updated contact details against third party sources so we can stay in touch if you move;
- seeking your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notifying you of changes to our services;
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information promotion of services
How is your personal data collected?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us directly when you visit this website, information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
- Technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- Third party organisations / Subcontracts that might have provided you with a similar service.
Social Media, when you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those types of platforms.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may disclose your information to third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy. These third parties may include:
Third parties working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, suppliers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use these third parties, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and prevents them from using it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Keeping your information safe when you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our website.
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for, The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. health/safety and tax/accounting purposes). We review our retention periods on a regular basis.
Your legal rights
Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as what the information is used for is fair and does not duly impact your rights).
We consider our legitimate interests. For example to:
- send postal communications which we think will be of interest to you;
- conduct research to better understand our customer needs;
- enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services /communications for the benefit of our customers; and
- understand better how people interact with our website.
When we legitimately process your personal information in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example, where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
When we use sensitive personal information, we require an additional legal basis to do so under data protection laws, so will either do so on the basis of your explicit consent or another route available to us at law.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. If we make any significant changes we’ll make this clear on this website.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in May 2018.